Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Aguacero

Today was a beautiful day to go walking on my lunch hour: Sunny and warm. So I marched outside of my office to go for my usual lunch walk. Walked all the way to the Salem Center Mall. While I was there I called my friend Carrie to discuss my trip to the airport and how to get there. We talked for a while but then I looked outside and noticed a huge downpour of rain. And me without my raincoat and umbrella. So I quickly hung up the phone, went to a couple of stores to find umbrellas and found nothing. So I darted out of Macy's to run to work but stopped at the Oregon Dept of Energy Building which has an overhang I could stand there and catch my breadth. While on my way over there I asked the Lord: "If you have any miracles left in you and if you want to, I really need a ride to work." So while standing in front of the Energy Bldg, a woman, walked out of the building, dressed quite nice, and looked at me and asked me if I worked at the Employment Dept. I asked her: "How could you tell?" she answered: "Because I used to work there, and what with all the publicity it's been getting in the Oregonian" Then she asked: "Do you need a ride?" I said: "Yes", so she said: "I'm on my way to lunch, I can take you there and drop you off, there is my car over there." We walked over to her car and she drove me to work. It was 12:50 and I needed to be at work by 1pm. I got to my desk at 12:59 pm. I was overwhelmed by God's goodness. I had asked the woman where she was from originally and she said Mexico. I told her I was Cuban. I blessed her and she thanked me. and off she went.

No comments:

Post a Comment