Sunday, November 16, 2014

Today I went to the Abbey to attend the last day of the retreat by Elizabeth Farley and it was on Edith Stein. After the Lunch, I thought I should stay for Vespers but the Holy Spirit said no, you need to go home and clean up all the tree limbs that are sitting on your lawn and sidewalk. Hmmm, yes, I better. So on the say home I asked the Lord if he could send me somebody who would help me with those big trunks. When I get home at the end of the street, is a man working on a big trunk of a tree that had fallen during the ice storm last week. So I parked my car in the garage, walked down the street and I asked the man if he could help me too. He said yes, after he's done there. When he was done he came over and started cutting the big limbs with his chain saw. In the meant time my friend John came over and he helped the man with the tree limbs. I made muffins for the man and also gave him a jar of my home made Lemon Cucumber Pickles and a jar of my home made Cranberry Jam with Grand Marnier. We managed to fill up the big green garbage container and he took the big pieces and put them in his truck. I will have to fill up the green container again next weekend since the garbage man does not come until Friday and today is Sunday. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment